Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Vintage Earrings Made New Again

I have tons of vintage earrings that my great aunt has passed on to me over the years, but many of them either have clip-on or screw-on backs.  I wanted to be able to wear them as post-back earrings, so I came up with this DIY that is so simple!



First, choose the pairs you wish to refashion, and using pliers, carefully clip off the old backs.  (As you can see, both of these pairs had the screw-on backs.)


Next, at your local craft/beading store, purchase some post-backs.


I prefer to use E-6000 as my glue - it's made specifically to be used in jewelry projects and it holds extremely well!  A little dab will do you.


Now, simply glue the post-back onto the middle of the earring where the former back once was.  With your hands, apply pressure for a few minutes and allow to dry.  That's it!  Now you have some chic, updated vintage earrings. 

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!