Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Braided Scarf Bracelet

I saw a bracelet similar to this at Forever 21 and thought, "I can totally make that!"  And then I cringed because I sounded exactly like my mother.  It always used to bug me when she'd say that while out shopping, but now I find the fun in it myself.  I suppose it's inevitable to turn into our mothers...

At any rate, how about another scarf project?



For this project, you'll need another scarf to work with (or you could even use the same one you cut up for the last post).


Since you'll be braiding, if the scarf has fringe, cut it off.


Cut 3 strips from the scarf that are about 1.5 inches wide and 10 inches long.
 

Next, cut some chains that are about 2 inches longer than the scarf strips.  (Braid this into the bracelet for a little bling).


Use clamps or a clipboard to hold things in place.


Then, simply braid.


For the ends of the bracelet, hot-glue some cone-shaped bead caps and pull the chains through.


Using pliers to hold a jump-ring open, guide the chain through the ring.  (This will be what you use to attach the clasp.)


Remove the excess chains.


I decided to use a heart-shaped toggle clasp to add to the design of the bracelet.


Such a cute bracelet on which I'm sure you'll receive many compliments!

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! I really wanna try this!! that's freaken amazing!!!

    PS: thanks for following my blog! love yours and definitely following back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you send pics of the final product :) And thanks for following too!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!