Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Crazy for Coral Necklace

Taking a short break from scarf projects, I want to share a recent necklace project of mine.  Coral is just so appropriate for summertime - the color is vibrant, it's got a beachy feel, and it's easy to accessorize your summer-inspired looks.


 

Collect a few different types of coral beads to add interest and create various chunkiness in the necklace.  Play around with the placement of the beads and lay out your design.


A strong cord is needed to hold these heavy beads, so I find that tiger tail or coated wire works the best.  Decide how long you want the necklace to be and cut the wire.


Begin beading!  (To keep the beads from falling off the wire, I find that clamps are a good tool.)


Because of the weight of the beads, I decided to use 2 crimps instead of just one.


On both ends, you'll feed the wire back through the crimps and the bead on the end.


Now crimp it, squeezing the crimping tool tightly, with even pressure.


After crimping, the necklace is done!


 ~Beaucoup de Bisous~

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing!! Well done, we love it! JS xx

    http://beautiesinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback! I have enjoyed wearing it as much as I enjoyed making it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you made this! Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near creative as you are.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!