Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Quick Scarf Keychain

While out shopping the other day, I noticed that adorning purses and bags with scarves and ribbons is becoming quite popular.  I have tied them to my handbags for years, but I thought of another way to attach them for this project post.  Only takes a few minutes!


 

The scarf I used is basically a 10"x10" square.

 

Besides the scarf, all you'll need is a pair of pliers, a key-chain ring, smaller jump-ring, and a larger lobster clasp. (If you have an old key-chain laying around that is already assembled, of course you could use that.)

 

Using the pliers, open the jump-ring and attach it to the clasp; close the ring.


Then feed the jump-ring through the key-chain ring.


Fold the scarf into a triangle.


Now fold the triangle into itself  until it looks like the picture above.


Fold the scarf in half.

 

Feed the scarf through the key-chain ring so that you can pull the ends of the scarf through the loop.


That's it!  I like that I have the option to change out the scarf, but if you want a more permanent fix, you could hot-glue or use fabric glue to keep the knot secure.


Put it on your favorite handbag or even clip it to your pants for that extra pizzazz.

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

4 comments:

  1. ah! i love this. something i can actually do! :) <3 www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) That's why I love those "quick fix" projects - they're so simple!

    PS- Really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at the first look! Such a chic blog. And the post, ahhh, pure pleasure!
    Follow each other? :)

    XO,
    Lucija
    WLL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I love hearing that!!! Yes, your blog is cute too - will definitely be following :)

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!