Wednesday, October 12, 2011

2 Minute Necklace Update

One Monday night while watching one of my reality faves, Giuliana and Bill, on Style Network, I was inspired by a MyStyle Quick Tip during a commercial break.  It reminded me of how I updated some bracelets, so I decided I'd give it a spin of my own!


With these 6 objects (2 necklaces, 2 brooches, 1 ribbon, and 1 Clip-it), several options for refashioning magic are waiting to happen.
 
  
Here's a close-up of the brooches.  (Remember this idea?)

Option 1:

Double up the gold chain necklace and use a ribbon to tie it (as shown in the MyStyle video).


For more bling, try pinning a brooch through the chains.  Mixed media necklaces are very popular right now, and this is reminiscent of those.

Option 2:

If you don't like the look of a ribbon, opt for something more simple: a Clip-it from Premier Designs.


The gold Clip-it blends in seamlessly with the chain look of the necklace, but still enables you to switch up the appearance of it.

Option 3:

Try layering both necklaces and add the cream flower brooch to play up the pearls.  You could even double up each of these necklaces for more of a chunky, layered look.


Wearing the necklaces with a scarf really makes a statement.  
(Does the scarf look familiar?)

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

7 comments:

  1. love the necklace and you look stunning!

    Also thank you so much for the follow and following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! :)

    www.kingline18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kinga :)

    I checked out your blog, and I'm a fan! Following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful necklace. I love the end result.

    XO,
    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, girls!!! I really do appreciate the feedback! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!