Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Beauty Tuesdays: Beauty Sleep

After a sleepless night, I wake up and realize just how important and necessary a good night's rest is. Maybe it's because at that point I'm grumpy and in denial that I really do have to get up and face the day (I'm so not a morning person anyway), but that's the first thing on my mind: sleep is crucial. (And then, I usually daydream about the next time I get to sleep.) So here are some of my tips for catching some z's. After all, doesn't every girl need her beauty rest?


1. Sleep mask - Until I used one for the first time about 6 years ago, I thought it was just another frivolous accessory. Now, I can't sleep well without one. I find that waking up in the middle of the night is pretty much inevitable, but with a sleep mask on, I fall back asleep quicker and sometimes don't even realize that I awoke. The mask helps block out light and relax the eyes. Plus, what girl cant resist how cute they can be?
One thing that is a must, however, is to launder it regularly with your delicates (especially if you're like me and forget to remove your eye makeup every night). That not only helps it to stay clean, but will help prevent germs from causing any eye problems.


Here are some of my beloved masks (Top-to-Bottom: Victoria's Secret, Gift, Victoria's Secret).  This one from Ulta (not pictured above) is cushy and oh so comfy.  I use it when I stay the night at my parents' house.

2. Refrain from liquids prior to bedtime - I hope I don't need to dive too deeply into this tip. Nothing disrupts sleep more than having to get up and use the restroom. I find water and tea to be the worst things to drink right before going to bed. Of course, anything with caffeine in it is risky too, considering it can keep you up longer!


3. Pillow Mist - A friend of mine (author of The W.H.O.L.E. Life Blog) suggested this spray to me a few years ago.  This kind is from Bath&Body Works, but there are other kinds out there, too.  Basically, it uses a calming scent (like lavender) to lull your body into a mode of relaxation and over time your body becomes accustomed to associating that scent with bedtime and you are more likely to fall asleep sooner.  Simply spray on your pillow a few minutes before bedtime - sweet dreams! 

4. Melatonin - It's always smart to consult your doctor and follow directions on the bottle before trying these tablets. With that being said, ever since I discovered it, I don't know how I lived beforehand! I have a tough time shutting down my mind in order to fall asleep, but taking Melatonin allows me to get drowsy enough to shut it down quicker. I take it especially on nights when I know I have a big day ahead of me.  (On the plus side, since it's natural, Melatonin doesn't have the risks that prescription sleep aids and other PM products do.)

Do any of you have other beauty rest tips? Share in the comment box below!

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

7 comments:

  1. cute pic!! and blog

    please look also at mine and become a friend :)
    XO, Carmen
    www.mydailyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!

    nice blog :]


    moren
    http://fashionmoran.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable first photo! i really need to be better about sleeping.. i'm always the one dragging my poor bf out and then he's a zombie all day...



    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much thanks, chicas!!! The feedback is awesome! Glad you took time to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!