Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Beauty Tuesdays: The Everyday Smoky Eye

Looking for a simple color palette for a smoky eye you can wear everyday?  
May I suggest this...

I love how shimmery these eye shadow colors are!

Products:  Ulta - Eye Shadows in Truffle and Silk, Victoria's Secret - Beauty Rush Wet/Dry Eye Shadow in Bronzinger, Sephora - Long-Lasting Liquid Eyeliner in Taupe, Maybelline - The Falsies Collection Flared Volum' Express Mascara in Very Black, a sponge applicator, and an eye shadow applicator brush
  
The Breakdown:

(Hehe Like my eye doodle?)
1. Zone 1 - right below the brow, apply "Silk" with a sponge applicator.
2. Zone 2 - from the eyelash line/lid to the crease, apply "Truffle" with a sponge applicator.
3. Zone 3 - in the outer corner, making a triangular shape, apply "Bronzinger" with an eye shadow applicator brush. 
4. Blend the colors.
5. Apply the liquid eye liner along the upper and lower lash lines. 
6. Apply the mascara to both upper and lower lashes.
   

It's a very low-key smoky eye so it's safe for daytime wear, but it's easy to vamp up for night.  Every time I wear it, I receive compliments, so I thought it would be perfect to share with you so you can also get in on the smoky eye love.  Why don't you give it a try?

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

6 comments:

  1. I've always loved the smoky eye but this is something I can definitely wear all day without feeling overdone :)

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your eye makeup and love the eyeshadows colour!

    I was wondering if you wanted to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica Marie - Right? It's not too over the top :)

    Harija - Thank you! And I'm always excited to follow blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it looks so pretty! im always shy about my eye shadow but now i want to give it a go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Hilary! You should break out of your shell and try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it! And I think its great for all eye colors :]

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!