Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ensemble Saturdays: I'll Love You Fur-ever

There's something about fur that gives you the warm-fuzzies, and it's not just because it's warm and fuzzy.  There can be such a look and feel of elegance to it.  Très Luxe.  Faux fur is not a faux pas.



Again, I was using fashion as therapy.  I wasn't feeling too shabby, but I at least wanted to make sure I didn't look shabby.  And to me, looking and feeling fabulous means a soft, feminine blouse, pearls, a statement fur piece, and my go-to, never-fails-me bag.  The hair went back into a chic pony because the focus needs to be the fantabulous vest, and the black skinny jeans tucked into black boots really does showcase the top half.
 

In this ensemble head-to-toe: earrings-Mark by Avon, faux fur vest-Loft, blouse-Loft, necklace (worn as bracelet)-American Eagle, purse-Coach, jeans-Loft, boots-Rampage
 

These boots are worthy of their own shot.  These are my absolute favorite pair (I've had to get them re-soled)!  They were a birthday gift to myself a few years ago that I bought on Black Friday.  What's neat about these beauties is that they are convertible: so I can wear them like this, or fold down the top.  And note the bows?  (I'm telling you, I'm such a sucker for bows!)

 
~Beaucoup de Bisous~

7 comments:

  1. i love ur jacket and ur boots, your blog is so lovely by the ways, i will be visiting it again very soon :)

    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
    Andria
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously cannot get into fur to save my life, but I've seen some people rock some awesome ensembles with it. Also, I love boots that can be folded down or up depending on mood. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look good in your faux fur...I don't think I could wear real fur after seeing a video for a school project this year. We had to design a garment with fake fur and it really opened my eyes to animal cruelty.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a chic outfit this is perfect for a night out ;) Love the bows on those boots. Lovely!

    xx, Ally

    pinsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that faux fur vest..cute outfit dear..

    I am doing a Jeffrey Campbell giveaway on my blog and I'd love for you to enter. http://www.walkinwonderland.com/2011/10/purple-blazerjeffrey-campbell-giveaway.html

    xoxo!
    Sheryl

    www.walkinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fur!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all :) I appreciate the feedback!!! Love reading comments!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!