Saturday, October 8, 2011

Ensemble Saturdays: Vintage Detailing

Recently the hubby and I rendezvoused for lunch on the Delmar Loop - a fun, hip, eclectic street in St. Louis known for its quirky boutiques and wide array of restaurants, an all-around amazing hang-out.


The Fall is here and its currently jacket-optional weather.  It's one of my favorite times of year for both fashion and weather.  I was really anxious about getting back into a sweater and figured adding some of my vintage pieces would really complete the look.  
Like I've mentioned before, many of my vintage items I have acquired from my grandmother and great aunt.  I have really lucked out with their selection too!  My great aunt, especially, was such a dainty model of ladylike-ness in her day, and now that means plenty of great finds for me.  If any of you have the opportunity to inherit and/or rummage through older relatives' things, it can be a fantastic way to collect vintage items, not to mention heirloom-esque pieces that can carry special meaning.
The green, paisley-printed scarf added a pop of color to the neutral sweater.  Since the jeans are a trouser-like cut, it brought even more of a lady-like feel to the outfit too.
 

In this ensemble head-to-toe: hair clip-New York & Co., earrings-vintage, scarf-vintage, sweater-Loft, bracelets-own, ring-vintage, jeans-Loft, purse-vintage, shoes-Forever 21

I especially liked how the round shape of the hair clip, earrings, and ring is repeated throughout the look.

I also wore my hair with a little teased bump in the back for a slightly retro effect, and finished off my makeup with a sassy, black eyeliner cat-eye.
     

The back zipper-detail of this sweater reminds me of this project.

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

2 comments:

  1. I love your bag and scarf! accessories really do make an outfit!
    you look so classy here! love it!

    kaithuber.blogspot.com
    xoxox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Yeah, accessories can really change an outfit in an instant!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!