Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Headband Makeover

In this refashion project, I take an older headband and transform it from "OK" to "Oh yeah!"



 

This headband I purchased from H&M a few years ago I'm ashamed to admit, I have never worn.  I bought it to wear for my wedding shower, but ended up thinking it looked a bit off.  Thus, in the headband drawer it has remained, probably feeling neglected or like the last one picked in gym class.  Well, I decided it was about time to refashion it into one I know I will wear.


I also used some old bracelets to jazz up this headband.  (These bracelets are particularly fitting for the month of October because the proceeds went to cancer research.)
  
So the first step (and a fun step no less) is to remove the existing fabric.  Headbands may vary, but mine had a sticky residue that remained on the plastic, which made the next step even easier.

  
A soft champagne color of ribbon was my choice for the new covering.
  
Wrap the headband with the ribbon, ensuring a smooth application.
 

 Secure loose ends with hot glue.


Now, it's time to embellish.  Since I used a bracelet, I took it apart and played around with the beads to determine the desired design and placement.
 

Since the beads are square, I placed them in a diamond-like formation.

  
Now, I'm sure I will be wearing this headband.  Not only is it a cute piece, but it's meaningful to me as well - I'll wear it and keep my friends and family who have suffered and survived breast and other types of cancer and hope for a cure.

Some of my favorite bloggers (Jessica Quirk and B. Jones Style) are also showing their support for breast cancer research and offer ways for you to do the same.
 
~Beaucoup de Bisous~

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this really revamps the headband. Loved how the beads are from a bracelet, I would have thought it was a brooch of some sort. You are so creative!

    erica
    seaofbloomingdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, the headband is absolutely stunning! Great post, darling! Love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls, thank you to both of you! It was a rather quick project on top of being cute!

    Also, I checked out both of your blogs, and I'm a fan! I'll be following!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great idea. It came out so cute! I could totally see myself wearing that headband.

    Just found your blog and I love it. I'm now following :)

    www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is so cute! I'm defiantly a headband kind of girl and love when they have pretty jewels on them. Defiantly gonna start to follow your blog. :) http://jesshogan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!