Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Beauty Tuesdays: Blushed

I wouldn't do it for just about anybody, but for you all I'm daring to show you what I look like sans makeup to prove just how important I feel blush is!  But first, here's the finished product (I'm not that brave).


If there's one beauty tool that I absolutely must apply to my face everyday, it's blush.  Having a bit of color on makes me feel more human and lively.  Because, otherwise...I look like this:


Notice the bags under the eyes and lack of color in my complexion.
(OK, so it's not as shocking as some of those pics of celebs without their makeup on, but still...)


Phase 1: concealer, foundation, and a touch of bronzer.  An improvement from the first one, wouldn't you say?

(foundation primer-Merle Norman, concealer-Ulta Cream Concealer in Light, foundation-Maybelline Mineral Power in Nude Light 4, bronzer-Sephora Bronzer Powder SPF 15 in Bahamas)  


Phase 2: eye makeup has been applied.  I really do feel more like myself with some sort of eye makeup. (Learn how to do a smoky eye look here.)

(eyeshadow-BareMinerals in Yellow Sapphire, Smoky Amber, and Deep Amethyst, eyeliner-Cover Girl LineExact Liquid Liner in Very Black, mascara-Maybelline The Falsies Collection Flared Volum' Express Mascara in Very Black)


Final Phase: blush is now on!  What a difference!

(blush-Ulta Powder Blush in Adore)

It's a pretty common-known fact to apply blush to the apples of your cheeks (the highest point of your cheekbone).  But, I also apply a small amount to the bridge of my nose, chin, and middle of forehead - anywhere the sun would normally hit your face.  This gives a soft sun-kissed appearance.

~Beaucoup de Bisous~ 

6 comments:

  1. I'm a pretty big blush fan myself. And you look great without makeup! I'm pretty sure if I posted pics of me first thing in the morning I'd scare my readers haha.

    xo
    Melissa
    miss-melissa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blush is something that I always need.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have beautiful skin with or without makeup. You look beautiful either way. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the sweet comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!