Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Beauty Tuesdays: Breakfast at Tiffany's Inspired 'Do

The other night I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for like the zillionith time, and remembered how much I just love that last hairstyle Audrey Hepburn wears at the end of the movie.  Here's my how-to...



I'm not talking about the hairstyle pictured in that iconic pic.  Ya know, this one:

  
Although I love this look as well, I think the pigtail 'do is often overlooked.

  
Even Blair Waldorf had her moment in these pigtails.


To achieve this look, I broke it down into three steps:

1. Backcomb, or tease, the hair at the crown of your head.  This makes that ever-so-60s bump.
2. Pull your hair back into a half-updo.  Secure it with a barrette. 
3. Divide the hair into two sections and use clear ponytail holders to hold the pigtails.

  
What are some of your favorite movie moment hairstyles?  Share in the comment box below!

(A thank you to the sources of the movie pics: Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4, Pic 5)

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

4 comments:

  1. I really like pigtails. I should wear them more often...especially like this! You have such pretty hair, by the way.

    xoxo Azu

    www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. I love BAT! THanks for this awesome tutorial.

    -Ly
    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Your hair is so shiny. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!