Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Braided Wrap Bracelet

As the holiday season draws ever so closely near, I start thinking more and more about glitzy accessories - something with that holiday sparkle.  Well, thanks to something I saw on Pinterest, I was inspired to make a wrap bracelet that has just that: sparkle.


   
You'll need those scissors and pliers, hot-glue gun, 28-gauge wire, clasp, 2 large jump-rings, 2 long pieces of ribbon, a strand of chain, and a strand of rhinestones (I happened to have a vintage, single-strand rhinestone necklace on hand).  You'll want to measure enough materials to make the bracelet long enough to be wrapped around your wrist twice.


Here's a closer shot of the vintage rhinestone necklace - in such great condition considering its age.


First, you'll need to attach the pieces of the clasp onto the 2 large jump-rings.


Next, fold the 2 pieces of ribbon in half and smooth the crease.  This will help with the next step. (I chose a silver color of ribbon so that it's neutral enough to wear all year long.)


Place the ribbons together, feed them through one large jump-ring, and using the hot-glue gun, glue the ribbon - making sure the raw edges of the ribbon are secured and hidden.
 

Now, take the 28-gauge wire and wrap it around the chain and rhinestone and ribbon several times, hiding the end of the wire.  This secures the chain and rhinestone to the ribbon, but since I used a necklace, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't damage it in case I want to use it for something else in the future.


Begin braiding.  I always like to have some sort of weight to help hold it down and make it easier to braid.  (Here, I used my laptop stand.)


As you braid, you can smooth out the ribbons and make sure the rhinestones are visible.


When you get to the end, use the same method as before to secure the pieces (glue the ribbons through the other large jump-ring and wrap the wire around the chain and rhinestone).


The sparkly wrap bracelet is now complete!  Start planning those holiday party outfits now!


On the other hand, if you don't feel like DIY-ing it, you can buy it from my Etsy shop!

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

10 comments:

  1. Darling this is wonderful and so perfect for the upcoming holidays...I have tried this but failed. I absolutely love bracelets like this. Great job. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tutorial, it came so nice. This looks extremely easy, I'm gonna have to try it out.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty bracelet...I wish I were this crafty :)
    Mix and Match Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty and this would go with everything!

    xoxo
    molliee

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful. super excited I stumbled across your blog. totally following. If you get second, I'd love if you'd check out mine. It's all about the adventures of a east coast girl turned LA stylist. thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! Super great DIY. Love your blog.

    I'm following you, dear. I'd be flattered if you could follow me too :)

    poseposhpost.blogspot.com
    Pose Posh Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fabulous for upcoming holiday parties. You did it so lovely and it seemd so easy. Thank You for sharing inspiration and DIY.

    xoxo Ra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to all of you for the comments! I enjoy reading each and every one!!! Glad you all like the bracelet - it's probably one of my personal project faves so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This bracelet is now available on Etsy! That's right! The blog has an Etsy shop now!!! My shop name is OohLaLara101 :) There is a link under "Contact" too!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!