Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Instant Glam: Add a Handmade Brooch

In the past, I've posted about how easy it is to take a blah necklace and add some spiffy in a jiffy by using a brooch. Well, when thinking about how to add instant glam to your holiday wardrobe, think along those same lines.




The ladylike-ness a brooch adds is making a comeback and I, for one, feel it's definitely about time! 


On my fave H&M coat, I pinned a brooch I got from my great aunt.  It's a "B" for my last name (coincidentally, my aunt's last name begins with one, and my married name does, too).
And the good news is - they can be so easy to make!


For this project, I decided to use one of the many vintage clip-on earrings of mine and one of those big, crafting safety pins.


You can find these big safety pins at most craft stores.


Heat up that glue gun and attach the earring to the pin. See?  A sparkly, new accessory in 3 seconds! 

 

Another fab gift idea this holiday season!

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

3 comments:

  1. love it!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute is this. obsessed. thanks for sharing, love. I've got a new fash trend report. Love to hear what you think. xo

    http://fashboulevard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!Really nice brooch!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!