Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Beauty Tuesdays: Manicure Make-up

I'm such a fan of the shellac nail treatments; I love the constant shine and how long my nails look nice afterwards (usually about 3 weeks).  But this last time, just after one week my the polish on my thumb and index finger majorly chipped.  Big Boo!  Well, in an attempt to save some cash and not get them redone so soon, I chose to give them a quick little fix.



First, I sorted through my huge box of nail polish and found a color that was pretty close to the red hue. 


See the chip?  What an eyesore.


After prepping the nail (I like to use CND Stickey as a base coat), I applied the color (I chose Rimmel in Rapid Ruby) and let dry.


Since the original polish had a layer of pink glitter over it, I applied a sparkly pink color (Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds in Glowing Glimmer) over the red to give it the same kind of look.


I applied the finishing top coat (Nicole By OPI Top Coat), and now I feel like I don't have to rush to the nail salon.

Have any of you ever tried to extend the life of a manicure like this?  Share your stories in the comment box below.

~Beaucoup de Bisous~ 

1 comment:

  1. YAY! so festive! Love the red, one of the nicer ones i've seen!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!