Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Crystal Bauble Necklace

Simple and chic.  What more could you ask for?  This is my personal spin on a lovely necklace featured on The Glitter Guide.



When I saw the Glitter Guide's DIY necklace, I fell in love with it!  So when I went to make mine, I decided to give it a flair of my own.  I opted for a ribbon tie instead of a clasp, and a silver chain instead of gold.
 

For this project, you'll need ribbon, crystal baubles, large jump-rings, chain, pliers, and a hot glue-gun. 


First, if the crystal baubles came with their own metal jump-rings, you may choose to swap them out with some that are better quality.


Then, decide how long you want the chain part of the necklace and cut it.


Using pliers, attach the crystal baubles to the chain.


 Be sure to also put one large jump-ring on each end of the chain - this will allow you to add the ribbon more easily.


Next, decide how long you would like the ribbon to be and cut two pieces of the same size. 


Feed the ribbon through the jump-rings and secure with hot glue.  (It's a similar process to the steps in this project.)
 

To ensure the ribbons stay the same length, make sure you match them up before gluing.  


How fantabulous is this necklace?  It adds just the right amount of glitz to any outfit!

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

2 comments:

  1. Got to this post from The Glitter Guide's page... love your personal spin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this necklace! where did you get the crystals from? No craft stores near me have them.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!