Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Cookie Goodness

I'm switching it up a bit and instead of posting another craft-type DIY, I'm opting for a recipe-type DIY: Holiday Sugar Cookies.  This past weekend, the hubby and I visited his sister's family, and being the "Fun Aunt Lara" that I am, I had the opportunity to bake cookies with the kiddos.  Here, I would like to pass along the deliciousness to you and yours!


 This yummy goodness has two parts: the cookie and the frosting.

Our Sugar Cookie Recipe-
10 ounces (2 1/2 sticks) butter
3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour

Cream the butter and sugar together until well blended.  Add the eggs and vanilla.  Gradually add the flour and mix until the dough forms a ball.  There is no need to chill the dough before rolling it out.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Roll out small amounts of dough and use desired cookie cutters to cut the cookies.  

Place parchment paper on a baking sheet (I find the parchment paper to make it easier to remove the cookies after baking).  Place cookies on baking sheet (cookies will not rise significantly so don't worry about spacing them too much) and bake 8-10 minutes until slightly golden brown.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack. 

The Frosting Recipe we used can be found here.

Once the cookies have cooled, go ahead and frost those babies!  Then, decorate using sprinkles.  (The nice thing about this frosting, is that after a few minutes, it dries and that prevents it from getting on all the other cookies...and everything else.)


I hope you enjoy your finished product!  Ours were quite delectable.  And it's such a great group activity.  It was so much fun to bake and decorate these cookies with my nieces and nephew! 

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch, I love finding new blogs! xoxo

    http://joellenlove.com

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!