Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Beauty Tuesdays: Golden Globes-Inspired 'Do

I have been on a big headband kick lately after being inspired by some celebs at the Golden Globes.  Charlize Theron wore a soft, chic side-swept chignon and headband that I absolutely adore!  Here is my take on the 'do.


 I took some artistic liberties with the instructions the hairstylist gives in this article because of how I know my hair won't always cooperate is.   


I began by using a large barrel iron (I think this one is 1.5 inches, but not sure) to get the loose waves.  Before proceeding, I sprayed Big Sexy Hair Spray and Stay Hairspray - seriously in love with that spray - to hold the waves and create some texture.  (My hair might be thick, but it's also super fine and smooth and has no holding power on its own.)


Then I gathered my hair off to one side, tossing it gently to get some volume going.  From here, I did divide it into three sections like the stylist, and created a bun with two and used the one to wrap around it.


I used my trusty Spin Pins by Goody to hold the bun and bobby pins to secure the stragglers.


Here is the side-swept style from the back.


I finished off the look with one of my favorite headbands from Loft. (Yeah, as much as I wish I had the Cartier headband, this one had to do!)

 
 

Super fun to do this 'do! 

Do any of you also copy the stars' hairstyles?
Drop by again tomorrow for a DIY headband project!

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I love it, very pretty! I feel like I should try it out.
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on this & your headband is very cute xo

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!