Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Beauty Tuesdays: The Great Eyebrow Debacle

Unlike most others, this year I failed to compile a list of resolutions.  But one thing was for sure, I wanted to change...my eyebrows!

So, I must warn you...this post contains graphic images of unkempt eyebrows!  Ah!!!  Prepare yourself.  That's all I'm saying... 


(This isn't even as bad as they looked yesterday.  Before that, it was basically one single eyebrow - but the Hubby was tired of seeing it, so he made me separate them again!)



So, "why is she doing this?" you ask.

In an attempt to have my eyebrows reshaped, I stopped tweezing them on December 10.  (Thank goodness my bangs cover these hideous things!)


It all started about a year ago when I got my eyebrows waxed while getting a mani/pedi at the nail salon.  Much to my dismay, the lady rounded the shape of them - my lovely arches were gone!  I have tried and tried to reshape them, but alas, the only way it was going to work was to get back to basics.  So, that is why I am undergoing this temporary nightmare of a beauty goal.

I read at Fab Fit Fun that a proper grow out can take 3-8 weeks (depending on how fast they grow)!  Oh my...at this rate, I still have about 3 or 4 weeks left...yikes.

I will keep you posted and show you the final result along with pics of my (hopefully arched again) lovely "new" eyebrows!

Oh my...the information I share with you - all for the greater good of beauty, of course!

Well, do any of you have any beauty goals for the new year?  Please share!

~Beaucoup de Bisous~ 

4 comments:

  1. Would love to see your new brows, not that your old ones are bad. So please keep us posted.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh! eyebrows are tough to grow out! good luck!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My beauty goal is to use more face mask ;)

    Hope you had a wonderful New Year!

    Check out my blog for a review of V Nunes jewelry, thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post,hon!Can t wait to see your new eyebrows!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!