Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ensemble Saturdays: 3, 2, 1...Happy New Year!

Well, it's now 2012!  Here's what I wore to ring in the new year...




We decided to celebrate at home this year with a small group of friends.  Unfortunately, I am sick right now, so I needed to be able to sleep if needed, so a low-key get-together was the perfect solution.  Chest congestion and a runny/stuffy nose aren't fun even when it isn't a holiday, so I at least wanted to look nice!  Thus, I went with a layered look, not only because it's cute, but because I needed the extra warmth!  Shimmer was my theme, which I played up with the gold shimmery shell and tights.  I matched my eye makeup to my fancy purple shoes, and (following my own holiday hair advice) I topped off the look with that fab headband I posted earlier this week.

Much to my surprise, I was able to stay up long enough to see the ball drop...but I was in bed before 1 am!  I hope all of you were able to have a fabulous evening!
  
  
In this ensemble, head-to-toe: headband-handmade, earrings-vintage/refashioned (also seen here), necklace-refashioned (also seen here), top-Loft, sweater-Loft (also seen here), bracelet-souvenir from Las Vegas (also seen here), ring-vintage (also seen here), skirt-Forever 21 (also seen here), tights-Loft (also seen here), shoes-Qupid (ordered from Alloy)

  
May your year be filled with health, wealth, happiness, and all things chic!
~Beaucoup de Bisous~

9 comments:

  1. You look adorable! Such a fabulous New Years Eve outfit. Hope you had a great night!

    Xx

    http://chelseasgirl.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment on my Christmas paper tree!! you have a very nice little hat!
    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I love the headband! Definitely want to give it a try!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfit is so cute, love your headband and tights! Hope you feel better soon :) now following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those tights...they look great with that outfit :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely,the tights are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look very pretty! :) Your tights look so fun!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are those sparkley tights? Awesome!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful, the tights are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!