Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ensemble Saturdays: All But One

The other night my hubby and I met up with some friends at one of our favorite pubs (which happens to be owned by some cousins of mine) for its closing night.  We're so bummed we'll never have the scrumptious bread pudding again - truly awesome sauce!  Anyway, I wanted to dress up (especially after being sick for so long) and everything I'm wearing, except one item, is something I've already worn at least once in a post.  I wanted to show how versatile things can be when you rework them and style them differently. 




(*Helpful tip - Remember to zip a top-opening purse before taking pics...otherwise its contents will be visible!*)

I love the look on my face in this pic.  It's saying, "Take the picture already because I took off my coat in cold winter weather, and I'm freezing!"  Yep, it seems winter finally decided to grace us with its presence this past week (note the snow on the ground).  For awhile there I was beginning to think we would go straight into spring.  

I've had this skirt for a few years now, and it's one of my favorite things to wear for going out.  I'm not sure if it's the sparkle factor it has, or that it reminds me of something Cher Horowitz would have worn in Clueless.  (It's probably a bit of both reasons!)  Either way, I have been wanting to style it for a post for awhile now, and I thought it would be interesting to put it with pieces I've already worn in previous posts.  It's amazing to me how clothes can be so versatile.  It's fun (and more affordable) to remix items in my closet.    

 
In this pic you can totally see just how cold I was!  That's why there's only 3 of them.  It was time to put the coat back on!


 In this ensemble, head-to-toe:  earrings-Loft (also seen here), necklace-own (also seen here and here), top-Loft (also seen here), faux fur collar sweater- Loft (also seen here), bracelet- Loft (also seen here), skirt-Express, tights-Loft (also seen here), faux fur boot cuffs- Steve Madden (also seen here), boots-Rampage (also seen here), purse-Xhilaration for Target (also seen here)

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

7 comments:

  1. I love your sparkly skirt, it is so pretty and the buttons add an extra touch to them. I like how you paired it with the faux fur sweater! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look,hon!Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit...the skirt is great!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!
    Faux fur, mustard and a 60's style skirt - 3 of my favourite things xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame that your favourite pub is closing, but what a great excuse to dress up! I love your fur collared cardi, it's just adorable :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, ladies! I felt great in this outfit, and I think that always makes a positive difference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look adorable, such a cute mix!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!