Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Extend the Life of Your Holiday-themed Jewelry

For my birthday, I received this fun, Christmas-themed Palm Beach Jewelry necklace, which I wore on Christmas Day.  However, I don't want something that I can only wear once a year!  So, I decided I would use some of my refashioning magic to make it a piece that is suitable year-round.




First, with pliers, I removed the Christmas bell charms, which give the necklace its holiday-ness.

  
Then I attached tiny gold clasps to the charms.  (This allows me to clip them back on the necklace when appropriate.)
  
I thought the necklace lacked a little something with the charms gone, so I chose these little glitzy beads to add to it.


 (Most craft stores carry these jewelry wire pins.)

  
I strung the beads onto the wires, and using pliers, I bent and curled the wire to create little charms.
 
  
I put the new charms where the former ones were.

Now the necklace can be fab all year-round!  
I love the colors of the pearls next to the sparkle of the new charms.
 

 And when the holidays come around, I can just clip the bells back on again.

If you have holiday-themed jewelry that you want to wear more than once, I challenge you to get creative with it!
 ~Beaucoup de Bisous~

12 comments:

  1. such a cool necklace! i wish i was as crafty as you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so creative and that's so cool you thought of it. I love how you were able to take the bells off but you can always add them later too.
    Great post,

    following you now,
    xoDale
    I'm an aspiring stylist with a fashion blog here in San Francisco if you have time
    www.savvyspice.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! love that necklace soo much! xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous idea, it looks great!! So creative!

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ideas put together i find here.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice blog!!!I invite you to visit my blog and if you like it to follow me from google friends and i will be happy to follow you!!!
    XoXo from italy
    A_C'est moi
    http://www.lamodeouicestmoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is great.. what a wonderful idea and way to wear it year 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great post!Very interesting and helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!

    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!