Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fun DIY Cocktail Ring

Make your own fancy cocktail ring with this easy how-to.



For this project, you'll need a tube of E6000 glue, some kind of embellishment you'd like to make into a ring, and either an old ring or blank ring bands from a craft store. 


If you don't have a old ring at your disposal, most craft stores carry some sort of blank ring bands that you can embellishment.


I found these fun little embellishments at a craft store and thought they would make cute rings.


I had this ring that I wanted to change.  I like the band it's on because it stretches.
  

Remove the embellishment from the ring and save it for a rainy day project.  
(I already have ideas for this one!)


When I took the embellishments off the cardboard, I discovered that the middles were separate from the flower petals.  (I like when discoveries work to my advantage!)


I decided I would mix and match the pieces to create this look.


Glue the embellishment to the ring band and allow it to dry.  
(Helpful hint: Use the cap on the tube of glue to keep your ring upright while it dries.)



And there you have it!  A "new" ring to add to your arsenal of accessories.



~Beaucoup de Bisous~

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Thanks for sharing. Cocktail rings are one of my fave accesories and this is so helpful because I feel like I buy 5 new ones every week at Forever 21. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so easy and fun!! It turned out great!! I love DIY's!!

    Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! totally into this. i want to try! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!