Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Beauty Tuesdays: Eye Pallete - Two MAC colors

If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen that I recently got two MAC eye shadows (thanks to my bestie), and I couldn't wait to wear them!  So here's the simple look I created with them.



Top pic and on left: Jest    Middle pic and on right: Satin Taupe


I used three LEIF eye brushes: one for lid color, one for the crease, and one for blending.


After applying my eye primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance), I applied Jest to the lid and under brow.  


Then, I applied Satin Taupe to the crease and outer corners of lid and blended.


Next, I put on my eyeliner (Mary Kay Eyeliner in Amethyst) to the top and bottom lash lines.  (Here is a pic without the flash.) 


Close-ups with the flash on.


I finished off the look with mascara (Estée Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara in Black). These colors look different in various lighting settings, which is why I keep showing pics with the flash both on and off.  


Overall, it's a soft look, and depending on the eyeliner and amount of shadow applied, it can be day or night appropriate.  (You can probably guess based on this other BT post that I like those easy-to-transition, day-to-night eye looks.)

This is also the look I wore for this outfit.

What are your favorite eye makeup looks?  Do you like the soft/natural palettes, the dramatic/sultry ones, or a bit of both?

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

3 comments:

  1. I love the shadows' soft effect. Super pretty. I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous <3
    I like neutral shadows with lots of liquid liner

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have really nice eye color!!

    cheers, Carla
    misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!