Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Beauty Tuesdays: The Eyebrow Reveal

After 7.5 weeks of growth, I was ready to finally get them reshaped!  No pictures until after the jump - come on, I can't exactly spoil it!  Drum roll please!


Back in January I posted pics after almost a full month of growth.  Well, these pics here are after 7.5 weeks of growth.  I must say, at first I was afraid that my brows wouldn't fully grow back in.  I was so nervous that there might be patches and stragglers.  But, as you can see, I had no such problems.  In fact, I have never been so thankful for my bangs before, and my husband was as well.    


After getting them reshaped, they are a little more me and a little less Brooke Shields circa 1980.


Needless to say, I am very pleased with the results.  (Thank goodness for my beautician!)  The brows match the shape of my eyes and my natural arch is intact.  

If any of you are contemplating going through this process, here are some tips I learned from this experience.  

1. Patience is key.  Of course, isn't it always key?  There will be times when you will want to just give in and grab those tweezers, but just wait.  3-8 weeks is quite a wait.
2. Utilize your hair to disguise your brows.  If you have bangs, they will be your best friends.  If not, try styling your hair differently to distract people.
3. Use a brow brush at least twice a day.  It helps keep them looking more maintained than the alternative, and I think it helps to coax the brows to grow in the right direction.

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! And it was such a wait! lol

      Delete
  2. I've never gotten my eyebrows done. If there are a few wild ones I pick them.. but normally I dont pay much attention. I dont think yours look that bad before. And I think they're looking mighty fine after too though :) I'm glad you like it. So are you going to make this a regular thing for youself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can keep them this shape and won't have to! lol It was such a grueling process!

      Delete
  3. I grew my eyebrows in a few years ago and it was definitely traumatic... I have extremely thick, curly hair and the waiting 8 weeks to have any hairs removed was, well, awful. But the results are always worthwhile. Your newly shaped brows look beautiful :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cee! Yes, the results are worth it!!!

      Delete
  4. Wow you are so brave I can never let them grow...I would freak out...hahah but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It was definitely an interesting couple of months!

      Delete
  5. Your brows look great after being reshaped! I'm impressed you were able to be so patient. I always do my brows myself, but I'm feeling inspired to maybe have them professionally done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, normally I do them myself too. Glad I could get them back in working condition tho :)

      Delete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!