Wednesday, February 15, 2012

DIY Decorative Glass Bottle

Taking a short break from fashion-related projects, I wanted to share my latest home décor venture!  With this easy, 5-minute update I transformed a wine bottle into an art piece for my home.



To create your own, start with a wine (or other type of spirit) bottle.  This is such a tall bottle and the striking blue color is perfect for our living room (beiges and reds with pops of blue).  I put those objects in the background so you could judge the size a bit better.      


After consuming (or simply emptying) the contents, remove the label - warm soapy water works well for this.  Rinse the inside and put a few drops of rubbing alcohol in it to dry.  That's that.  Now time to accessorize!


I placed mine on our fireplace mantel.  It definitely adds some interest! 


~Beaucoup de Bisous~

1 comment:

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!