Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ensemble Saturdays: Chicago Trip Spotlight

This past week my hubby and I took a trip to Chicago, one of my absolute favorite U.S. cities.  Here are some highlights from our little vacay.



Posing next to the Marilyn Monroe statue on Michigan Avenue.


No matter how many times we come to the Second City, we have to see Cloud Gate, better known as The Bean.


We lucked out with the weather on this trip.  It was unusually warm for this time of year, but it was even windier than normal.  The Willis (Sears) Tower was closed due to the high winds (so you know it had to be bad considering this is the "Windy City" and all).


In this ensemble, head-to-toe: earrings-Express, necklace-Avon (also seen here), blouse-Loft (also seen here), bracelet-Premier Designs (also seen here), purse-Charming Charlie (also seen here), bag scarf-Coach, belt-H&M (also seen here), jeans-Loft (also seen here), boots-Alloy (also seen here)  


The hustle and bustle of the city's nightlife.


Posing by the river on the way to dinner the next night.


In this ensemble, head-to-toe: necklace-Palm Beach Jewelry/refashioned (also seen here), top-Loft (also seen here), faux fur collar sweater-Loft (also seen here), jeggings-Loft (also seen here), purse-Charming Charlie (also seen above), bag scarf- Coach (also seen above), boots-Alloy (also seen above)


With the Hubby - Quartino (on Michigan Ave) is one of our favorite places to dine in Chicago.  They have extremely delicious Italian food and a fun atmosphere.


My cousin and I - she lives in the big city and it was so much fun to visit her.


A snapshot of our dessert - so yummy!

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

7 comments:

  1. You look lovely. Those are gorgeous boots. Chicago is one of my favorite places to visit. Isn't the city beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a gorgeous, entertaining place!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time and that dessert looks incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, so good! Fruit, chocolate ice cream and raspberry sorbet, and a biscotti :)

      Delete
  3. oooh quartino...I haven't been there in years. The picture by olive park is the same spot the Mr. and I took our engagement pictures. It has been very nice and warm! I just realized that I haven't even see the Monroe statue yet! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I adore this city! The statue was a must once I saw it; I don't recall it being there the last time we visited, and it is pretty neat.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a fun time. The Marilyn Monroe statue is so cool I can't believe how big it is.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!