Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Useful DIY Tips for Everyday Life: Buttons

Again, I'm misleading you with something boring, in theory.  However, there are some things I think everyone should know about, and that includes the beauty of buttons.  From fixing a button that has popped off to updating the look of a top by switching them out, this how-to will help.



When my hubby or I buy something, I keep the extra buttons that come along with it.  They are so handy to have around.  You never know when you may need to replace a button (or when they might work well for a project).

The Rundown:
To reattach a missing button, use a needle and thread to sew it on again for (hopefully) a permanent fix. 

Helpful Hints: 
In a pinch?  Use a twisty tie for buttons that have the loop on the back or a safety pin for those that have holes in the front.  Neither of those solutions are permanent, but they do work for a quick fix when out and about.  

The Results:  
This is a fave top of mine, but shortly after wearing it the first time, the top button popped off.  In hopes to make it more unique, instead of reattaching the same button, I opted for a crystal button (we all know how much I love those).  



Now it has an updated look.  This little trick can really spice up the pieces in your closet!

I used the same technique in this project from last year.

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!