Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Useful DIY Tips for Everyday Life: Monkey See, Monkey Do

The general rule of thumb I learned from my mother many years ago (mentioned in this post) is that if you see something you like, you can probably make it yourself...within your skill set, of course.  I'm not going to try and recreate the Sistine Chapel ceiling if I can't paint well, but I may try to copy a cute bracelet I saw on Pinterest, like I did here.  This is the beauty of DIY!  Anything can be inspiration!


I saw this cute wall art at Target.  How simple!  If you have a fabric print you like, frame it!


On the same shelf was this decorative candle.  Consider carving a plain candle and add a coat of paint that is made for painting on candle wax.


My cousin worked on this quite literal "cork board" for a long time.  She collected every wine cork she liked until she had enough to fill a frame.  Now, I'm inspired to try it myself! 

   
My cousin also had a gallery wall that I really liked.  Notice, not all the frames match, but all the pictures are from her trip to Europe.  What a perfect and charming way to display memories! 

What about you?  Have a similar story?  Please share below!

~Beaucoup de Bisous~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh La Leave a comment, if you please!